Sunday, October 14, 2012

Retailing


I went to a vocational school that specialized in the teaching of aircrafts, and that was Aviation high school. All four years I have learned so much about the life in the aviation industry and respect how incredibly smart and dedicated AMT (Aircraft Maintenance Technician) work. The reason why I choose Boeing is because I have some knowledge about planes but not about the company and their work environment.
Over the weekend my friend and I drove to LaGuardia Airport to pickup his sister up from work. It was a great opportunity for me to go with him since I planned ongoing anyhow. Now it may not be Boeing’s corporate headquarters, which is in Chicago, Illinois, but it’s close enough for me to observe a few of the planes. Hundreds of planes pass through LaGuardia every day. I was even surprised on how many carriers there are other than JetBlue, United Airlines, American Airlines, Delta and a few others. Now not all planes come in at once, as a few do get delayed due to weather, air traffic, Go-Arounds (which is when the pilot doesn’t seem that it’s safe to land) and/or mechanical problems. One of the things that I enjoyed watching was when the planes landed, taxied, and took lift. Now I wasn’t there for long since we were there to pick up my friend’s sister, but it was a pretty good experience. There were a lot of emotions that day, as I saw families meeting each other up happily running towards each other, or saying bye with tears to their loved ones as they went through the terminals.
As we were driving away, I looked up at the sky hoping to work on one of those planes someday and hopefully work at LaGuardia as an AMT.

No comments:

Post a Comment